LO's Sharp Devs

C# , XNA Game Development Blog. Intentionally more than only for game authors but for C# programmers in general.

Moje zdjęcie
Nazwa:
Lokalizacja: Poland

czwartek, 2 października 2008

Game Creation Environment - Introduction

What I'm going to design first? I decided to describe rather advanced project - a complete development solution for creating, testing and localizing computer games. I would like to cover all areas that had came or will came to my mind, that could help with that.

I'm sure that describing all at once or at first is not possible. So I will be publishing rather scratches of ideas, differencing them with [tag] in the title. I'm going to describe stuff rather than coding it, but in the future, when vision is full and clear - who knows? But I'm sure that some [Coding] stuff will appear presenting what I think might be interesting for a C# developer.

What are main parts that I have already in mind?

Testing Server  - a mostly database server, running some bugtracking dedicated software, dividing access for various types of internal and external users (for beta tests), accessible by Web Services. It shall also be integrated by development software that can show bugs found in PARTICULAR areas of what they do.
Testing Module - used by testers or open-beta testers. Used to log bugs to database. It shall integrate with game somehow, so it can provide the base navigation data (on what is actual state of the game) to tester to precisely describe area of error.
Development Environment - where devs are doing their job. Divided into several modules, possibly gathered in one development studio. I'm not covering here details development of particular base content things like models, graphics, sounds etc. - but all possible and reasonable logic information than can be kept in the game and tested.

I'm going to describe these modules in following posts, as soon as I finish writing them. Updates to exiting modules will be posted as new posts, as soon as changes are required or new ideas developed.

Komentarze (0):

Prześlij komentarz

Subskrybuj Komentarze do posta [Atom]

<< Strona główna